Our 10th Anniversary was Sept 12th and we thought realistically a big trip is out of question as we have little ones at home and we just moved so maybe just a night away could be plausible. And in reality our new dining room table was our gift ( I know super romantic- that is what Jeff gets for marrying a practicalist- I know I made up a new word. He is pretty frugal himself so I guess we are a good combo) so this night was more of a date than a gift. I, in my idealistic way (Emily stop laughing!) , had a nice slow, relaxing 2 days envisioned....but life seems to ground me one way or another.... I won't bore you with all the detail or maybe I will haha!
Anyway, we dropped the older 2 girls off at school and knew they would be having much fun with Auntie Stacey and Grandma and Grandpa and we went off (yes, we brought our little one along) to seize the day. After a brief errand we decided to go to the De Young Museum as my cousin recommended seeing the Chuhily exhibit (glass art). Thank you Chelsea for the recommendation as the exhibit was incredible to take in and I am always humbled by those with such creative talent and imagination. The pictures you see are a few from the exhibit-enjoy!
Anyway, we dropped the older 2 girls off at school and knew they would be having much fun with Auntie Stacey and Grandma and Grandpa and we went off (yes, we brought our little one along) to seize the day. After a brief errand we decided to go to the De Young Museum as my cousin recommended seeing the Chuhily exhibit (glass art). Thank you Chelsea for the recommendation as the exhibit was incredible to take in and I am always humbled by those with such creative talent and imagination. The pictures you see are a few from the exhibit-enjoy!
So after leaving the De Young my wonderful husband ordered a calzone from my favorite place in the city (Giorgio's----you HAVE to go if you are there!) and we picked it up and brought it to our room in Sausalito (for you non-CAs that is a little meditteranean-like city across the Golden Gate from SF). We had calzone, put Ellie down for a nap and then...ready.... I laid on the bed trying to cope with my head for several hours while Jeff went out for a walk. Can it get any better than that!?
Atleast we had a nice view, no storm, we had electricity, etc. That evening we did get out for a brief stroll before we hit the hay early to try and get some sleep-----but like I said previously our little sleeper didn't quite sleep. After about 45 minutes of screaming I finally told Jeff let's just go home but she finally quieted down and she slept the rest of the night while Jeff and I slept miserably. But on cue my headache was gone and the next morning we had 3 hours of time together, walking down the pier and into town a bit, eating breakfast outside and enjoying the beauty of Sausalito. And then on cue my headache came and we packed up and while Jeff drove around SF enjoying the sites Ellie and I lay in the back seats incompacitated. Did I mention before that I married a saint? I mean many of you know this but I hope this is more evidence to prove the point- HE IS A SAINT! Not once did he complain- he just loved us!
There are many reasons I married Jeff but above all else it is his heart. I have told him that he was the easiest and best decision I have ever made and I would marry him again in a heartbeat. He is a man who loves God and lives it- humble, loving, honest, faithful, funny, a servant leader, an incredible father and SOOOOOO much more and I am proud to be his wife.
Happy 10 years babe! And I promise next anniversary getaway we will defy reality! haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment