8.25.2008

Trying to be creative.....hhuuhhmmm or is it cheap?

My darling Rayah is a dress girl at least for now and has been for a while. So I lovingly suggested the other day that she get a new pair of jeans for school to which I got a very "pretty" face that said, "uuuuggghhhh....Maaaawwwwwmmm." Much to my delight Target had jeans on sale for 7$ so off we went this morning to buy some jeans for those cooler days a comin'. When we got home I suggested we get out our jar full of buttons and decorate them to which my dress girl was very excited. In the process of fanicfying our jeans she also was able to learn the basics of sewing on a button and did quite well. I think I poked myself more than she did.




The finished product- they are pretty cute I'd have to say and hopefully now that she
had a hand in "making" them she will be more eager to wear them without the
"aaaawww do I have toooo" face.

4 comments:

Tony & Jaimie said...

What a sweet memory and great idea! You are so creative :)

Kristi Southwick said...

what a great idea and they lok so cute. We miss you all

julia said...

The greatest idea ever!

Stephanie said...

Heather - you are a trendsetter :) I saw some jeans with buttons on the cuffs in Gymboree the other day! You should start selling your styles!