7.30.2008

A Wedding and a blowout

Yes, I know the title intrigues you but I will save you the visual of the latter part- just use your imagination. Jeff was able to officiate the wedding of Katie and Chris Richardson this July and I of course took this moment as a chance to snag a family picture. How often is everyone dressed up and together. Eliana wasn't exactly looking at the camera....not in any of the pictures but at least she isn't screaming, though the one of us with Jeff's parents makes me laugh because she does look quite upset. We had a great time at the wedding and reception- it is always fun to attend a the wedding of a marriage you are excited about:). Okay I worded that strangely but you get the point.
So, dealing with the latter part of the title let me say Eliana did a fabulous job that night. She is actually a great baby and sat through the whole ceremony on Grandpa's lap and never made a peep and actually the whole night she was happy. It was my dear Ashlyn who I had to sit in the grass with (in the way back) and keep calm- she didn't like everyone "looking at her daddy". (We are having some attention issues in the fact that she doesn't like it for herself nor anyone in her family. The famous quote in our house is "She looking at me"-WHATEVER! And by the way, the whole "people looking at daddy" fit doesn't work out to well for a kid whose Dad is a pastor .)
But back to the story, so Eliana was being held by people all night and then when we went to get dinner I got out her stroller and put her in it. No longer had I finished dinner than the child looks right at me and smiles and I smile at her and then I see it. Oozing out the side of her and puddling in the bottom of the stroller- how do kids do it?! I was just praising the Lord that I was not holding her nor was anyone else. So away Jeff and I went to the car for a butt load of wipes (no pun intended) and a change of clothes (thank God I had remembered to throw some in) and she was smiling all the way. Oh, I enjoy this stage but I could do without the yellowness of this stage (all you mammas will understand:))

So with that nice picture in your head enjoy the rest of these...(the last one Rayah took--not too bad!)



1 comment:

TinaG said...

Heather - Great pics! Aaahhh the blowout - there to let us know it's time to up the diaper size! ; ) That's funny the same thing happened to me with Philip at Anna's wedding. It was right before pictures - so he's not wearing the cute little suit I had for him, all I had to change him into was a white one piece sleeper!!