2.29.2008

Are We CRAZY????!!!!!



http://picasaweb.google.com/hmiller12/WalkerFlyer (copy and paste to see more pics)

So, we finished the house this past year really making it look nice and new to us and have been enjoying it. I have been keeping my eye out to see what homes are for sale knowing that ideally in the next 3 years we would like to move IF it was possible but being content where we are and feeling very blessed to even have a home in the Bay Area. I just would randomly go on sites to see if there were any GREAT deals on places that we would like to plant ourselves in for the next 20+ years and had not really seen anything which was fine because though it is a buyers market it sure isn't a sellers and we would have to sell our house to buy another-----thank God for equity and the ability to keep our home while we were in KY! We honestly could not afford our own home today if we had to buy it straight out with no equity from something else.
Well about 3 weeks ago or so my friend, Sharon, mentioned an open house she had been to and that we might like this house because of its huge backyard (I was interested!). Jeff and I went and looked at it and LOVED the backyard and the house was nice too- definitely something we could grow into and be in for a long time but financially it just wasn't going to work though it was a GREAT price! I was a bit bummed knowing that this house is only going to increase in value in the next years and we would NEVER be able to afford it or anything like it then. But we prayed for God's wisdom and His clarity and left it in His hands and it seemed the answer was clear. Answer: NO
As the week progressed we were letting it go though of course I still needed prayer for my attitude:) (us women get attached quickly) and then after some research it turned out we could pull it off .....maybe Answer: YES
We decided to go to the Open House and bring my dad along for his opinion and really take a good look at the house with the idea in the back of our minds that if it looked good we would make an offer. I was excited! This was crazy! We had gone looking the first time not really expecting anything and not thinking AT ALL that this would be a possibility or that we would be selling our own home. So, we drive up to the open house and our realtor meets us at the bottom of the court- wow! that many people already here I knew there was a lot of interest but WOW!
Yeah, so there was an offer made that morning and it was accepted, instead of finding an Open House we found a Sale Pending sign. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!! We literally had just prayed before we left the house for God's clear direction.....it was pretty clear.
Answer: NO!
Our realtor called their realtor just to see if the offer was solid and let them know if they needed a backup we were interested but the offer was solid. I was bummed!!!!!!! I was at peace because we had just prayed for clarity and it was pretty clear but I was just down right disappointed. Ok, now I had to let go and let go and just let it go. I wrote in my journal that night and after getting it all out I felt a lot better and knew HE was in control not me and I couldn't try and manipulate the situation though I had tried convincing God on what a great move this would be for us.
Answer:wait but probably not- you never know with offers in today's market but just let it go!
So the next morning I got up and got online to do some work and noticed an email from our realtor....the deal had fallen through!
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we wanted to make an offer today was the day!
Answer:Yes?
There was another offer being presented after ours but we had first dibs...so all day Monday and Tuesday I ran around like a crazy woman trying to get all the financial stuff in place and yada yada yada.....offer accepted! Some contingencies in place that we could deal with- the biggest being the seller getting the home they were hoping to buy otherwise they weren't moving. All to say we have been in escrow for 2 weeks now and cautiously await to see how it all turns out. We are anticipating the best but not allowing ourselves to go there until the keys are in our hands.
Answer: Yes (so far) What a roller coaster of a ride!
On the other crazy part we have had to get our house ready to sell and in one and half weeks we had it together- Jeff is amazing! And this past week we had a brokers Open House with a GREAT turn out and LOTS of great comments- all thinking our home will sell quickly. We have had clients come through and we have our official Open House to the public this Sunday. It has been a whirlwind to put it mildly but we take it one day at a time and see what God has for us for that day and I am so blessed to know that I do not have to try and have the strength and patience to do this on my own but that I can come to Him and lay it at His feet and know He is in control. Not that we deserve any of this!
So to add to the chaos....these next 30+ days will bring 3 Miller girl birthdays with the girls "friend" party being right in the middle, closing, selling our home, packing, moving, Easter (Jeff is preaching) and oh yeah....HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do think we are a bit crazy! But we will take each day as it comes and enjoy it and know that it will all work out in His timing and in His will and we we can look to GOD and say PRAISE YOU! For You O LORD are faithful and will provide exactly what we need for each day. And if it doesn't work out and we stay here in this home then we still say PRAISE YOU for we learned, trusted, and grew and heck, we got our honeydew list done!

I will keep you updated as we learn more! And you can always pray for us as we transition not only into a new home and neighborhood but also as a new family.
(the house we are buying is about 2 miles away)

And if you know anyone who wants to buy (and can afford it)
our cozy home which we love let us know!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Heather, we're so excited for you! I know this next month is going to be pure chaos for y'all, but such a wonderful time as well.

We will be praying for the details of the sale of your home as well as that everything would work out to buy the new one. For us, the process of buying a house was one in which it was particularly easy to see God's hand at work. We pray that it will continue to be for you as well.

We love y'all!

Daniel said...

We would want to buy your house...if we were moving home to CA! =) We're really happy for you guys and your wonderful family!

Thank you also for sharing how you've grown through this experience. It was really encouraging!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for y'all. I really am coming. I promise. I know that I am a bad friend for not staying in touch better. Please know that I love you guys so much. If I could ever find an inexpensive ticket, I will get it. I love you guys SO much. Tell Jeff I love him. Brad Hughes