5.05.2007

Prayer Please!

I don't know what is going on, other than the LORD drawing us close to Him again and for that I will always be thankful, for it seems we (family and friends) are going through some major trials lately. In our church in the last month we have had 4 deaths- all close to us (2 babies and 2 great men) so there has been a tremendous time of mourning and hope as we come together as a family.
These are 2 people I ask you to be in prayer for...
  • My sister, Amber, has been told that (though the spinal tap said otherwise- only 80%accurate) with one more positive symptom she indeed has MS. I guess the diagnosis comes through the brain lesions and 2 positive symptoms- she has the brain lesions and has had tremors so now she waits and plays with her medicine dosage to figure out what works best for her. It has been a relief to have answers but these were not the answers we obviously wanted to have. She has been sick often and constantly achy so we are in constant prayer for her.
  • Our friends, Brad and Amanda, from seminary just found out a couple weeks ago that there middle child, Nathan, has stage 4 neuroblastoma (cancer) in his abdomen. He had been fighting a fever off and on for about 6 weeks and finally blood work was done and the mass was discovered. It has spread to his bones but not his other organs and poor little Nathan will start his 2nd round of chemo this Friday. He is eating better and we hope it continues through this next treatment. Nathan such a little sweetheart and he is only three years old (you might remember him from a blog last October when we made cookies together). Brad graduates from seminary this week and sweet Amanda is such a gentle, strong woman and a wonderful mom who I know needs rest in so many ways. Pray for this family- they are strong but it still is a most challenging time on many levels. (Brad, Amanda, Jordan-6, Nathan-3 and Greta-1)
And just an update on my Papa- He is done with radiation (for the prostate cancer) and now we just wait to hear about his bladder cancer and if chemo is needed. He and Gram are troopers and are hanging in there and we praise God for their excellent care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Amber (even now)...I had no idea she was so sick.