I was going to update our blog when I could get pictures off my camera and add them to the computer but as my computer is still in a box I was convinced to atleast post an update (thanks steph!) So to those of you who want to see pics I am sorry. They will be on as soon as I can get to my computer and then you will see them all since Christmas:) (haha!)
We are alive. I know it has been a LOOONNNGG time since I have updated the blog, but (hint, hint) to those who have emailed me I have responded. We are currently still living at my parents which has been a HUGE blessing as our home "updating" has taken a little longer than expected- but that is par for the course from what I understand. We gutted one bathroom completely and updated the other one and then are retexturing and painting the entire house and (other than the new bathroom) my favorite part is that we put heat in (we had a wall heater before)-YEAAAA!!!!! So, when we move in most all will be fresh and clean except the kitchen and any of you who feel that an updated kitchen would be nice for the Millers are free to donate to the cause:). We are grateful for my parents' hospitality but are ready to have our own space again and feel settled- as we are still living out of suitcases packed in Dec. and it is 60 degrees now! Okay, I am not complaining as is has been a good time of trasition and starting life in CA again.
Jeff is doing great. His job is keeping him on his toes but he so enjoys being back into ministry. He has preached 2 times and then 4 more times till April. His sermons are on solidusdoctrina.org (i think- I will get him to link it to this site when i get a chance) and if you clock on the "Jeff's sermons" you should be able to hear him. He is also teaching on Sunday nights during our church's EQUIP hour (5wk, 10wk classes). And with his girls at home waiting for him and a home to get ready he is a busy man.
The girls are great. Growing too big as usual. Ashlyn is quick now in her waddle/walk. She says "dada. ooooaaa (oma). ruf, uf, kiiikiii "and some other syllables that are recognizable only to us- her favorite being uh,uh. She and Rayah are hilarious as they run through the house laughing and playing. Rayah is using words like : meanwhile, versus, and possibly as she explains deciduous trees and solids, liquids,and gases to her grandparents. They get a kick out of her- she is always thinking, always asking WHY and taking it all in. They are doing great adjusting to their new home and then in 2 weeks adjusting again to their new home:) (We are supposed to be moving in March 1st)
I am doing well. Enjoying being back in CA though I know spring is coming in KY soon and I will miss the dogwoods, magnolias, the blossoms everywhere--the prettiest I have ever seen! But for now I do not miss the teens and twenty degrees:). To all my buddies in KY I so miss you terribly and hope life is well even in the cold- spring is just a few weeks away. I am definitely ready to be in our own home and just feel settled but I am thankful for the generosity of my parents. I am looking forward to making our house our home again, to gardening, decorating, and having people over. Our house is open if any of y'll want to come visit:).
So, that is a small update on us right now. On another note...
If you could please be praying for my Papa and Grandma (and my aunties and uncle) as Papa has an aggressive form of prostate cancer and has started radiation only to stop and find out that he had cancer in the bladder too. We are waiting to hear more results back for the next steps but are praising God for the testimony of my grandparents and their faith in their Creator and Redeemer. They have to travel down to Sacramento everyday (almost 2 hours) so it has been a toll on them and the family is working hard to take care of them as they have for us. Papa has a bag right now and cannot lift anything which doesn't bode well with a cattle rancher but he is learning. Grandma is doing well, honoring her husband in sickness and health, and spoiling him as she would tell you too. If you could pray for strength, health and continued peace as they face the unknown and for our family(their 4 kiddos and fams) as we all work around schedules to care for them (they live in the Sierra Foothills on a ranch- about 2.5 hours away from us).
God is good.
2.15.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I for one am so thankful to see that y'all are alive and well. We miss you! And I've missed reading your blog (that's how I occupy my time when it's slow at work). I will be praying for the completion of your home as well as for your family.
Believe me, the cold weather has not been much fun here in Kentucky. You're going to have to encourage me through this change, seeing as how this is only our first winter here and I'm already ready for warmer weather.
We love you!
Kelli
By the way, it is 11 degrees here right now!
Sweet Heather and Millers...I do miss y'all.
I will be praying for your Grandparents and other family...and for YOURS! Give your girls a hug for me, and ...I think CA is calling... ;) Maybe next year if I get to move out to CO, I will take a week of vaca out there:)
Post a Comment