Okay, so it happened already! Last night we were sitting on the couch and Rayah came over and whispered in my ear some words I was not ready to hear... "Mom, Kevin wants to be my boyfriend!" and then she laughed.
Pause. Think before you speak. Remember she is 6 and this is not a big deal. Laugh, make light of it and it WILL go away. Okay, I knew this would happen sooner or later- especially when I saw Dustin's movement project at Open House and he commented on how his "swinging" attracts the girls. What?!!!!
Oh, young love, what does one say.....so my great comeback was, "And what did you say?" to which she quickly replied, "What?!". And then laughed again. I knew she wasn't "there" in her little mind, Praise God!- well other than in fairy princess land where princesses and princes get married, but not in real life elementary school and not with Kevin! (Nothing against Kevin) so we laughed, and Jeff told her Kevin better come talk to him first and Rayah laughed some more knowing she had no intention of even talking to Kevin. As it turned out I guess Kevin was telling his friends to go tell her he wanted to be her boyfriend and she happened to overhear it and that was enough to cause her to run. Good girl! I have trained her right, so now as long as she keeps doing that until she is married we will be fine.
4.24.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather - Love the new blog layout! Looks great!
Post a Comment