I told Jeff I think I appreciate the sacredness of Easter so much, especially this year.
Christmas can become so overwhelming but there is still a simplicity to Easter. Though for many it is Easter bunnies and food and though we enjoy those, the celebration of Jesus Christ rising from the dead and conquering sin and death so we could know God is what is overwhelming - in a good way! This year at church we really had time to focus on the weeks leading up to the Passion week and then take each day from Palm Sunday through Resurrection Sunday and remember what we celebrate and what Jesus did on our behalf----
to live for Him is the only way I can respond to His love, I have nothing else!
This year we had a service on Thursday vs a Good Friday service and it was a very emotional and reflective time to stop and remember The Last Supper and all that took place that night as the disciples celebrated Passover with Jesus. We took communion and reminded ourselves that the next time Jesus drinks of the wine it will be with those that follow Him. How heartbreaking to think of all that transpired that Thursday night through Sat- but what joy knowing that Sunday is coming and someday He is coming again!
I Cor 15 is a great reminder that without the resurrection our faith is useless, we are liars, to be pitied and dead dead dead in our sin but SINCE He rose (and appeared to over 500 people!- all eye witnesses) we have power, hope, truth, and life!
Happy Easter! He is Risen!
Let's celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment