1.22.2009

More Randomness

I just thought I would throw a couple more pics from the holidays up, so if you haven't gotten enough of my kids yet, here are some more:)


Rayah helped me make stockings this year out of thrift store sweaters and fun buttons.
They made our mantel cozy and they were finally big enough to actually put stuff in. My previous ones were made of felt and didn't give a lot - I must have been stingy the year I made Jeff's. I think up until this Christmas all we have ever been able to fit in there is a tangerine and maybe something small - otherwise "Santa" always left the stocking stuffers outside the stocking. This year we made up for it and gave him the big stocking!

Our annual Christmas Play with my mom's family--Katrina and Rayah were angels (if you couldn't tell from the sheets and gold decor:))

and our sweet Ashlyn and Ellie too


For Christmas the girls asked for longboards and their aunties spoiled them. (yes, I know...longboards? like skateboards?....Long story short- our 11 and 13 year
old neighbors have a pair and take the girls out on them and because of the fun
they decided they would ask for some too).
So to the top of the court they go and DOWN on their bums they go and ride the longboards down the court and up into the driveway. One day they will actually ride them,
but for now everyone is happy!

Rayah taking Dakota for a ride.

The day after Christmas we did the "VERY unlike Jeff and Heather" (= going somewhere even though you know the insanity is about to begin) thing and took the girls over to the CA Academy of Sciences in SF. We were given a family pass for Christmas and the girls couldn't wait to use it so off we went knowing it would be busy....but it was BUSY (after we got in they started metering the number of attendees allowed in)! So next time I will do the "more like Jeff and Heather" thing and go on a weekday and actually see all the wonderful exhibits. We did get to see a couple of things and then we drove around the city as it was beautiful that day and then stopped at Ocean Beach for the older two to take a walk.
It was fun just to be with the girls and enjoy being a family!

still mesmorized with fish- an affection that started many years ago
Jeff took the girls for a walk while I waited with a sleeping Ellie.
Then she woke up and decided driving lessons were in order.

No comments: