8.25.2006

What's In a Name? (or blog address)

So, now that one has come to the decision to start a blog they then must come up with a name...Oh, the pain! You see when you are married to a man with a somewhat common last name it rules out there being any chance that your family name (thus making it easier on those trying to remember your blog name) will actually be available as a blog address. So I did try and try and try various names and easy phrases but alas no luck, so Hamilyfug it is.
Now, I know most of you are scratching your head and trying to think about what this could possibly mean and then there are those of you who read it automatically as "Family Hug" and for those (hi mom!) I must be concerned. Well, I guess not too concerned since it was indeed my precious eldest who coined this phrase as she has genetically inherited her mother's ability to switch the first letters of words without hesitation (yes, a wonderful gift I have and if you are around me long enough you might have the privilege of hearing me perform a switcheroo and then try to correct it). All that to say, every night we end our day with a family hug which the girls LOVE and one night Rayah in anticipation cried out for a "Hamily Fug" and so that is our new family phrase. And since it was so random, Jeff suggested I try it as a name so that I could at least start a blog after many failed name attempts. So to end the mass confusion, from our house to yours we send a "hamily fug"!

2 comments:

Jason Alligood said...

I am meeply doved!

Jason Alligood

Anonymous said...

Hey Cousin,
Good to see the pic's of the girls they look so happy. Hope that you are well- saw Amber and your folks at the 60th birthday party.
Let us know how things are going for you. Thanks.
Love Craig and the fam.
PS cute spoonerism with the website name.